The Organic Collective’s CUSTOMER TESTIMONIALS
1. I had heard of such services as yours a couple of years ago and thought it a great idea. It took a little while to take the plunge, but I would say I/we had finally had enough of the expensive crap on offer at the supermarkets. We have been thrilled with the service and the variety of the boxes. I particularly like the interest that is generated in me when faced with veges I wouldn't ordinarily buy. The recipes included help too. I love having a large supply of organic fruit that the kids can just help themselves to without having to worry about washing it. Having grown up on a farm, I applaud this return to eating seasonal fruit and veg. Each week we all look forward to what's in the box. I do love the delivery to the door and the way you help us taylor our box so the contents best suit our needs. Thanks again for a fabulous service. Jane, Hamilton Hill............................
2. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your wonderful service. The quality of the fruit and veg is unbeatable and it feels very good to be eating local seasonal produce. Together with the beautiful organic eggs that I get from you also I am always able to throw together a meal without leaving the house- a bonus when I have 2 small children to drag around everywhere. We are definitely eating more and greater variety of fruit and veg in our house as we strive to finish our supplies ready for the next delivery.
The kids absolutely love Wednesdays when they know there will be lots of new toys to deliver in their truck (aka the cardboard box) which has led to lots of positive associations with fruit and veg. The fact that you deliver in a cardboard box with no further packaging is a huge relief to me as I am always on my guard against using packaging and in this way I am able to avoid it without ány effort. I also look forward to the leaflet included with relevant and helpful news and recipes.
There are so many reasons that I love your service, these are just a few and I commend you for getting the project off the ground and sticking with it when I am sure it is filled with many challenges relative to the financial reward. Thanks so much. Glenda North Frementle
3. We want to take this opportunity to thank and congratulate you on the fantastic work at the Organic Collective.
The day our box is delievered is a great day of the week! Fresh fruit and vegetables sourced, packed and delivered to our door by friendly and helpful people. It feels so good to be using an ethical service but also we get our essential fruit and veg, convienient and delicious - everybody, and the environment is winning. When we lived in the UK we used a similar service and found we really enjoyed the way it put us in touch with eating seasonally, now in Cockburn we find the same pleasure. Especially for our children, living in the city, we really appreciate their learning, through the box, of what's in season. Keep up the great work from Jess, Jim, Louis and Finley Pip Hammilton Hill............
4. My fiancee and I started our "weekly organic veg box" some time ago. The original intention was to do something good for our health and our environment. However we both agree we would stay with our organic vegetables for taste alone. Tonight Gen had made some delicious organic avocado dip for starters. Then for dinner we had some free range chicken with organic corn and tomato salsa along with delicious steamed organic carrot and beans. You do a great job. You always remember me on the phone. Are happy to hold off on the oranges when my tree is fruiting. I love that you refill our laundry liquid bottle and recycle the boxes. Above all thank you for the good old fashioned friendly service. I crave this rare commodity. So thank you for supplying us. We appreciate the effort you go to and keep up the great work! Mike...................................
5. "I have been a client of the Organic Collective for approximately 8 months- and I have gotten about 8 other couples and families to join during that time- because I have been so impressed and happy with the products and the service.
What I love about the Organic Collective is that each week I receive an abundant box of healthy, fresh, organic produce which has been locally grown, in season and delivered to me with minimal environmental impact.
In particular, the features of the Organic Collective which I value are that:
1. it is a sustainable and environmentally friendly company, which believes in old school values and real service from real people;
2. value for money (rare in the organic industry!);
3. quality produce- which runs rings around the produce in the shops in terms of size, quality and flavour;
4. healthy and organic;
5. it is delivered to my door- which means no heavy shopping to lug home and driving around;
6. locally grown and in season produce- which means its healthier (arguably) and also doesn't contribute to carbon emissions by travelling halfway around the world; and
7. surprise! You never know what you are going to get- which also expands my cooking a lot. In the past 8 months I have used beetroot, silverbeet, bok choi, sweet potato, etc- veg which I would not usually buy; and
7. finally, receiving an abundance of fresh fruit and veg (pre-paid) each week forces you to increase your intake of fruit and veg rather than other foods to prevent it going to waste. This means a healthier and happier me!" Thanks again and keep up the great work! Anna..............
6. Our family has been purchasing organic fruit & vegetables from the conveniently located Organic Collective in Hamilton Hill for over 12 months now and would never go back to eating anything but organic produce. We also buy organic eggs, honey and oats from the business. Their prices are very reasonable and we have recommended friends to the service as well.
My children are excited each week to see what new fruits & vegetables are going to be in the box and have tried more vegetables in the past year than ever before, they’ve even found new ways of cooking them. Because organic is fresh, we try & consume the fruit & vegetables in a week so they are at their best, thus making us healthier and our diets better, 5 veg & 3 fruit every day.
Because we are very aware of our environment and the impact of global warming we support the Organic Collective in their use of 100% natural power and carbon neutral transport. It also saves us using our own vehicles to source organic produce from the many sources that supply the Organic Collective.
We return the cardboard box we receive our order in each week and also recycle egg cartons and honey containers – reduce, recycle, and re-use. Kind regards, Rachele
7. I like the organic collective service because:
We have have deliveries that sustain us from week to week without the hassle of shopping around for quality produce.
The quality of what you provide is consistent and everything is fresh compared to much of the supermarket offerings.
The box provides us with a challenge to get through sometimes, but sometimes we're hanging out for the next box! We don't like to waste anything, so we sometimes have to consciously make a veg stir fry, vegie curry, soup or whatever to use up the leftovers on a Sunday ahead of our enxt delicious delivery and this approach along with the balanced fruit provided helps us to get more than our 2 + 5 fruit and veg.
I really enjoy the variety and cooking with the quality produce that is heavily skewed to what is 'in season' - something the supermarkets seem to ignore as they have things like snow peas - imported by air at huge environmental cost and grown under what conditions(?) - on the shelf almost every day of the year - even when they could be grown locally.
You allow us to provide guidelines for our box - "none of this, we really like that....."
I'm afraid our kids still seem reluctant fruit & veg eaters sometimes given the amount of salt and sugar promoted to them daily, but they probably eat more than many other kids. We always have things they can snack on.
I really like the list of growers that you provide every week. Traceability is becoming more prominent in commercial, industrial farming but I think it has been part of organic growing since inception - a real part of organic quality assurance. The long list of growers, whilst not eliminating the chance of one of those growers being a massive commercial operation, certainly suggests this is not the norm. I like the idea of supporting a long list of committed growers AND your own small business - this is what sustainability is all about. Although big business supports thousands of workers' livelihoods, many smaller autonomous businesses seem to provide more strength both economically and through community than the Coles and Woolies of this world ever can. The cost of delivery is potentially a worry. It seems like a bit of a luxury, but it saves us a journey that would almost certainly be by car. Your efficient delivery using carbon neutral transport certainly puts this concern to rest.
I also like your occaisional tips or internet addresses regarding a more sustainable lifelstyle.
I can't go without mentioning the taste! Many guests have commented on the flavour of our food. We're proud to support the Organic Collective. Rick,Coogee...........................................
8. I have been using the services of The Organic Collective since June this year and have enjoyed the benefits of receiving fresh, clean organic fruit and vegetables and enjoy the feeling it gives me that there are no chemicals in sight.
I wish I had started using The Organic Collective two years ago when I would travel to at least three different shops to find organic vegetables so I could feed my baby starting on solids. At the time I didn’t feel like I ‘deserved’ to eat organic foods myself mainly because of the cost, but also the inconvenience of not being able to get enough variety to last the week. I have since realized we can’t afford not to eat organic, in these times of preservative filled foods and with everything over processed (and we wonder why the less commercialised societies have less cancer).
I notice that it lasts longer and doesn’t go mouldy and is still fresh the entire week. Previously I threw away fruits and vegetables before we ate them, we would buy too much and it would rot quicker. I had kale in the fridge for at least a month because there was so much. I rang The Organic Collective to cancel kale in future boxes and was informed of it’s cancer fighting properties and other benefits that I changed my mind – especially as a friend had just been diagnosed with bowel cancer (and has since died at only aged 60). I also no longer think organic equals expensive and have saved money with not overbuying and throwing lots away.
I thought when we first started that we may have to supplement with more from the shops and I rarely do, but when I do I am disappointed and feel I have wasted my money because the quality and taste does not compare. As my son will eat nearly a half an avocado a day I can see the difference between organic and store bought. My son does enjoy the fruit and I feel so good that no chemical fertilisers, and pesticides have been used. He goes “wow” when he sees the box!
I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all those involved in collecting the fruit and vegetables from the growers, sorting and packing it all for us and delivering it at the stated time each week. Also for your approachability with a simple phone call when we change our minds, want more or less, or something added or taken off the list, it makes one thing in my life a lot easier and I know I am doing the right thing for my family. I look forward to many more years of your service thanks for the great thing you are doing! Kind regards, Michelle, Kardinya
9. The fruit and veg that you deliver to me is amazing. the flavour of organic fruit and veg is just astounding.the kids just love getting it delivered, it is like a gift from heaven. we just looooooooooved the little sweet potatoes last week, they were so beautiful, my daughter couldnt wait to eat them. also you have provided us with the perfect excuse to have sunday lunch with the elders and family, just put any left over veg that didn't get into a meal, into the slow cooker......yum yum. We all feel great about your service, you have changed our lives for the better Better flavour, better health, and as I said, we are grateful for the delivery. Picking my own organic fruit and veg is not always possible, price, quality, time, kids, etc Being local, the produce should affect our bodies to help us with natural antibodies as well as putting usin touch with the seasons, our health will surely be improved. I am smiling thinking about your service. As a single mom with five kids, it is a blessing to have FRESH LOCAL ORGANIC BEAUTIFUL FRUIT AND VEG DELIVERED. angela.....................................
10. I wanted to write and let you all know how much we appreciate the service you provide. It is really unique and wonderful. I recommend it to my friends and family. Some of them have become your customers. The things I like about what you do:
* reduction in my personal time and effort having to get out and shop for quality organic products thereby reducing the need to move 2 small children in and out of the car many times at different shops (major deterent to getting out and about)
* my children have a natural expectation to eat organic foods because it is easily part of our home life thanks to the fact that your service makes these products more readily available
* my baby first foods are all organic and this makes me very happy, his immune system is supplemented by these healthy foods (I wish the child care centre where my son attends would also take on the initiative to 'go organic')
* convenience in having fresh produce arrive on time every week on our doorstep
* recycling materials, using boxes again week after week
* list of other products available to be ordered
* you listen when a there is a problem and provide other alternatives
* you provide other vital community information
* you provide recipes most of the time!
* you provide us with some vegies we have never seen or heard of before
* you care about what we eat
* your service is well priced, affordable, although sometimes the box seems a little empty, other times its much fuller
* you have taken a brilliant idea and turned it into a practical ecominded business
* you promote similar ecominded businesses. Well done people, and thankyou! Abheeti Coolbelup..........................
11. I am a very satisfied customer of the Organic Collective and enjoy having my fruit and vegies delivered to my door. The benefits are many and varied
a) Convenience - I get a box of basic fruit and vegetables delivered to my front door. This saves time in both planning what to buy and then having to shopping. I also save time in menu planning - I cook what is in the box - this was a revelation for me and has simplified my life greatly.
b) Economy - Because I go to the shops less often I am not subject to impulse buys and not inclined to buy more than I need. There is much less food thrown away because I have not purchased excess to my needs. This is good for my pocket and for the environment in general.
c) Quality - When I first began getting my deliveries I marveled at the quality of the food in the box. Things like cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and greens were much fresher than I had been able to buy even at organic stores. Another aspect to quality is eating seasonal foods, and eating foods that where possible haven't travelled across the world. Food miles are minimized just by the need to maintain quality and freshness.
d) Satisfied Customer - dealing with the people at Organic Collective is always a pleasure. They are very friendly and respectful and their approach customer satisfaction is awesome. I enjoy every contact I have with them.
e) Local Business - dealing locally is important to me and businesses such as the Organic Collective are an integral part to the movement to buy locally grown produce.
In a world that grows steadily more time poor the service provided by the Organic Collective is incredibly valuable and there is also one other way that are influencing their customers. The fact that they run their business Monday to Thursday suggests that they work to live, not live to work and that is something I see a valuable example. Quality not Quantity, time is seen as a valuable commodity and the future of the planet depends on us starting to regain time for relaxation and reflection. A sustainable future depends on each and everyone of us reducing our wants and making life the priority, not running madly in the quest for more and more things. Kind Regards, Susan and Keith
12. Sometime ago i began using the organic collectives services. I am always delighted by the fresh seasonal produce deliverd weekly. It’s also wonderful to see a small innovative idea expand into a very worthwhile service. It’s also very reassuring to know as a senior that if i am unwell i can rely on the healthy produce to be delivered to my door. Vale Hamilton Hill
13. I just wanted to say thanks for the excellent service provided by the Organic Collective in delivering our box of vegetables each week.
I love the collection of seasonal vegetables, which makes us aware of what's presently coming into season and also motivates us to find new meals to prepare with the variety of provisions. Seasonal fluctuations are a great thing.
Thanks also for the recipe suggestions, which are not only useful but make us feel part of a vital community committed to using organic food obtained by ethical means. It's such a relief not having to go to the supermarkets, and we appreciate that the deliveries are reducing repetitive individual trips to buy food and thus decreasing car use.
It's terrific to get the newsletters too, and offers to events like the solar smart workshop which includes us in like-minded community events. thanks again for your dedication and fantastic organisation and all the very best, Alison
14. I am only too happy to give my 100% endorsement of this wonderful endeavour, The Organic Collective,which has been a benefit to the health and wellbeing of my family for the last three years.
As a busy working single parent when I first started receiving the weekly boxes delivered to my doorstep each week in Spearwood I was and remain, so grateful for the convenience and high quality of produce received.
Now I live nearby to my sons who have kept the tradition of the weekly order going and I also still find the convenience fabulous.
It is as important to me to support the organic and biodynamic growers as it is to put the best on my table for family and friends.
With the highest gratitude and acknowledgment I urge that the Organic Collective be honoured for their solid community work, sincerely, Kerin Spearwood
15. "We can’t stress enough how valuable we think the Organic Collective are. There is a great satisfaction in knowing you are eating produce that is free of artificial practices and chemicals, whilst at the same time supporting the suppliers. It’s not just good for the body, but also the mind, knowing that you are eating a more seasonal, natural diet and feeling that you are supporting a more sustainable practice (something you don’t feel staring at the plastic vegetables and fruit at large supermarket chain stores!). We’re thankful there are people like the Organic Collective, and feel privileged to have access of fantastic produce, it will certainly be a better tomorrow with them around. Best wishes, Hugh, Spearwood
16. Where do I begin to tell you of the glory of the orgainic collective. I have been a member for about 3 years and appreciate the quality and quanity of fruit and vegetable delivered weekly. I personally call every week and pick and choose what is delivered so I get exactly what I need and want. The staff are always friendly and helpful and can answer any questions I might have. I like they are always willing to introduce new organic or healthy products that we can purchase, with literature about them so I am well informed. Recently they included information about solar panel and I am now going to have that installed. I like it that every week we are given a sheet with new recipes to try, a list of who and where the fruit and veggies come from and a list of other products or bulk produce I can purchase.
All in all I think this is a well organised and smooth running collective and I will continue to support and use their service. Sincerely, Mary , Hamilton Hill.............
17. Every week, when our organic vegies are delivered right to our front door (saving us having to use our car, wasting fuel and polluting the environment), my little boy shouts excitedly, 'Mummy, the vegie guys are here, the vegie guys are here!' I can't think of a better way to get your kids eating healthy, local food than to involve them in the unpacking of the weekly delivery. Jerry names all the fruit and vegies he knows, and learns the names of ones he doesn't. Then he sees me chop them up and cook them. For me, having a box of fruit and vegies delivered is much more than just convenient and healthy. The fact that the contents are seasonal is very satisfying; supporting local growers feels as if it is the community-spirited thing to do; and being occasionally confronted with vegies I would not normally buy means my cooking repertoire has really broadened. To us as a family, it is absolutely worthwhile. Cheers, Deb,
18. For the last 8 years of living in this area, I have purchased organic produce from the main local sources, The home delivery service of the Collective has been immeasurable. Previously I would drive around to various local and small businesses to do my shopping. My driving time is reduced, thus reducing carbon emmission, and I recieve weekly a surprise package of healthy food. I have found that eating food on a seasonal basis has also altered my perception about vegetable foods. I am no longer of the mind set that every thing is available on tap. I can see that the earth has seasons and that within those seasons certain foods flourish and grow and are available to be shared. This is a very different perception promoted by mass marketing multi-national companies. I have eaten foods I would not normally have eaten because of this and have come to respect the earths cycles alot more.
19. I appreciate the work of the Collective, they are very professional and thorough. They are also friendly at every time I have had contact with them. They are my local service and I think they have contributed to the growing positive reputation of the Cokburn and Fremantle community. Kind Regards, Tanmayii and Grace, Hilton.