Eggplant, Capsicum and Burghul Salad
Sweet roasted onion, eggplant and capsicum combine beautifully with burghul and lemon in this warm aromatic Middle Eastern salad.
* 2 red capsicums, halved, deseeded, cut into 4cm pieces
* 600g eggplant, cut into 4cm pieces
* 2 red onions, halved, cut into thick wedges
* 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
* 90g (1/2 cup) burghul
* 185ml (3/4 cup) salt-reduced vegetable stock
* 1 tbs finely grated lemon rind
* 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
* 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked, washed, dried.
1.Preheat oven to 230°C. Line 2 large roasting pans with non-stick baking paper. Place the capsicum, eggplant and onion in a bowl. Drizzle over the oil. Toss to coat. Transfer to the lined trays. Roast in oven, swapping the trays halfway through cooking, for 40 minutes or until tender and light golden.
2. Meanwhile, place the burghul in a large heatproof bowl. Bring the stock to the boil in a small saucepan. Pour over the burghul and set aside for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
3 Combine the capsicum mixture and burghul in a bowl.
4. Add the lemon rind, lemon juice and coriander to the burghul mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve.